Russ and Laurie grow a rather large organic vegetable garden in the summer and fall. Some of its produce is used to prepare the scrumptious, full breakfast they serve. You will awake to the smell of fresh ground coffee and other delicious aromas making their way under your door. Please DO MENTION your special dietary needs; whether you are gluten-free, lactose intolerant, vegetarian, vegan or have other food allergies, preparing a breakfast you can truly enjoy is their delight!
If hunger is sneaking up on you, enjoy an afternoon or evening snack – hot or iced tea and cocoa with popcorn, fresh fruit or cookies.
The house specialties include:
- Fresh fruit smoothies, cobblers and yogurt parfaits
- “To die for” egg dishes
- Homemade biscuits, muffins or breakfast bundts
- Gourmet pancakes with Nancy’s famous lemon sauce
- Stuffed French toast with fresh blueberry or raspberry sauce
- Many more delectable and award winning treats prepared with seasonal produce!
Our B & B has many areas to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature. these include: outdoor front porch with wood rockers, an enclosed four-season sun porch with binoculars for bird watching and puzzles/games for fun. The private porch on each cabin provides a lovely view of garden, woods and wildlife. Relax in the sun or shade on our deck. 17' X 24' deck provides plenty of room with lounge chairs, table and cabana to enjoy snacks and a rousing game of cards with friends. There is a comfortable living room with club chairs and love seats for your enjoyment with access to DirecTV and a video library. The guest refrigerator is stocked with bottled water and a variety of hot teas and coffee in the Keurig is available throughout your stay.
- DirecTV, DVD player, DVD and Video Library
- Free Splash Pass with 2 Night Stay – Card features Buy 1/Get 1 and other discounts for area attractions.
- Reading & Gathering Room
- Air Conditioning and Electric Fireplaces in each room/cottage
- Large Deck w/Covered Seating and Tables, Secluded Yard and Mature Trees
- Just a Few Minutes from Downtown Dells
- Near Snowmobile Trails/ Hiking Trails/Cross-country Skiing Trails
- Water park Packages Available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Fire pit for your enjoyment
It is never too soon to begin working on your “bucket list”. Wisconsin Dells is home to many wonders and adventures beyond water parks, rollercoasters and shopping. To name a few of the many activities you can cross of your list while staying at Bowman’s Oak Hill B & B, why don’t you try:
- Air Ballooning
- Zip Lining
- Rock Climbing
- All Day or Romantic Night Kayak Trips
- Canoeing on Mirror Lake
- Cross-country skiing at Mirror Lake State Park
- Hiking Devil’s Lake State Park Bluffs and Trails
- Dinner and a show at the Palace Theater
- Or even an old-fashioned Drive in Theater
- Roller Coasters and water parks Mount Olympus Kalahari Indoor Water park Day Pass
- Sunset dinner cruise on the beautiful Wisconsin River
- Cuddle a joey, hug a cub or hand-feed a giraffe Timbavati Wildlife Park
- Tour a local cheese factory and munch fresh, squeaky cheese curds Carr Valley Cheese Factory
- Call us for details on these wonderful experiences awaiting you!
Bowman’s Oak Hill Bed and Breakfast has been certified as a Travel Green Wisconsin business! The Inn has received 64 points on the Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist. Businesses scoring more than 30 points have exceeded travel green requirements. Some aspects reviewed are:
- Organic, local, and fair trade food products are used
- A recycling program is in place
- A composting program is in place for food and lawn waste
- Reusable goods are used instead of disposable ones and products are purchased in bulk
Travel Green Wisconsin is a voluntary program that reviews, certifies, and recognizes tourism businesses that have made a commitment to reduce their environmental impact. For more: www.travelgreenwisconsin.com.