Nancy Bowman won the 2009 Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast Association’s statewide recipe cook-off for her Wild Rice Cran-Apple Breakfast Bake pictured above. Click here to view the recipe!
Bed and Breakfast Amenities
The Bowman’s grow a rather large organic vegetable garden in the summer and fall. Some of the produce from it is used in the preparation of the scrumptious, full breakfast they serve. You will awake to the smell of fresh ground coffee and other delicious aromas making their way under your door.
If hunger is sneaking up on you, enjoy an afternoon or evening snack – hot or iced tea and cocoa with popcorn, fresh fruit or cookies.
The house specialties include:
- Fresh fruit smoothies and parfaits
- “To die for” egg dishes
- Biscuits, muffins or breakfast bundts
- Gourmet pancakes with Nancy’s famous secret sauce
- Many more delectible and award winning treats!
Dining Room and Clock
Dining Room Close-Up
Bed and Breakfast Common Areas Include:
A front porch with wood rockers, a sun porch with bird watching and a garden view. Relax in the sun or shade on our new deck. There is plenty of room to accommodate all on this 17 X 24 deck with lounge chairs, table and cabana. There is a comfortable living room with club chairs and love seats for your enjoyment.
Visit our Facebook Page for More Pictures
Other Amenities include:
- Free Fun Card and Splash Pass with 2 Night Stay – Card features Buy 1 Get 1 and other discounts for area attractions.
Reading & Gathering Room
- Air Conditioning in each room/cottage
- DirecTV, DVD player, DVD and Video Library
- Large Deck w/Covered Seating and Tables, Secluded Yard and Mature Trees
- Just a Few Minutes from Downtown Dells
- On/near Snowmobile Trails
- Waterpark Packages Available
- Free Wi-Fi
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Bowman’s Oak Hill Bed and Breakfast has been certified as a Travel Green Wisconsin business! The Inn has received 64 points on the Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist. Businesses scoring more than 30 points have exceeded travel green requirements. Some aspects reviewed are:
- Organic, local, and fair trade food products are used
- A recycling program is in place
- A composting program is in place for food and lawn waste
- Reusable goods are used instead of disposable ones and products are purchased in bulk
Travel Green Wisconsin is a voluntary program that reviews, certifies, and recognizes tourism businesses that have made a commitment to reduce their environmental impact. For more: www.travelgreenwisconsin.com
and a Country Church
Come to Bowman’s Oak Hill Bed and Breakfast to celebrate your Marriage! We can offer you a wonderful setting for a wedding on the B & B grounds.
Our quiet and beautiful grounds are perfect for your wedding ceremony and photos!
Oak Hill B & B is perfect for small church staff or family retreats.
You’re Never Too Young To Start a “Bucket List”
It is never too soon to begin working on your “bucket list”. Wisconsin Dells is home to many wonders and adventures beyond waterparks and shopping. To name a few of the many activities you can cross of your list while staying at Bowman’s Oak Hill B & B – Why don’t you try:
About Your Hosts – David and Nancy Bowman
Little did we know when we came to the Dells in 2001 to be a family advocate for Nancy’s then 87 year old Aunt, that we would be given the opportunity to live out one of our life’s dreams – to own a Bed and Breakfast.
After having been in private education for 27 years, raising 4 amazing daughters to adulthood and seeing them all happily married with families of their own it seemed time to exercise our gifts of creating comfortable spaces for others to enjoy relaxing. It is a great joy to share our guest rooms and cottages with people from all walks of life.